What Happened to you? Episode 2
The Book Interrupted women continue their conversation on “What Happened to You?: Conversations on Trauma, Resilience, and Healing” by Oprah Winfrey and Bruce D. Perry, exploring topics of triggers, choice, deep breathing, filling your bucket, and the impact the first few years of a child’s life have on their adulthood.
- What triggers you now, that could relate to your childhood?
- Taking a breath between reacting and responding
- Deep breathing to take you out of fight or flight
- Children lashing out to find their autonomy
- Is there such a thing as too much choice?
- The structure of the book - diagrams, aesthetics, style
- Losing your bookmark
- Filling your bucket and how that is affected by your childhood
- Teaching by example
- The impact in the first few years of a child’s life, versus when older
- Postpartum depression and after-birth care
Mentioned on this episode of Book Interrupted:
Brought to you by Book Interrupted of Book Interrupted