Seeing Red -Episode 5
The Book Interrupted six women continue discussions inspired by reading “Seeing Red: The One Book Every Woman Needs to Read. Period.” by Kirsten Karchmer. In this episode they touch on topics of painful periods, men living in women’s bodies for a month, sexual and menstrual education, period underwear, perimenopause, and naturopaths versus doctors. They finish the episode by sharing whether they each recommend the book.
- Changing our mindsets that pain with periods is not normal, even if it is common
- It might be common, but it’s not normal - how can we use this in other parts of our lives?
- Would there be equality if women were in power?
- What would happen if men had to live in a women’s body and mind for a month?
- Should doctors be required to take a mandatory class specific on women’s biology?
- Why do we segregate sex ed?
- How do we educate children about menstruation - both girls and boys?
- Period underwear - do they work and how do we clean them?
- What are the symptoms of perimenopause? PCOS?
- Bloodwork ranges - the difference between doctors and naturopaths?
- Would we recommend this book?
Mentioned on this episode of Book Interrupted:
Brought to you by Book Interrupted of Book Interrupted