Seeing Red -Episode 6
The six women discuss feedback and comments they received from Book Interrupted Series 3, Episodes 1 through 5, on “Seeing Red: The One Book Every Woman Needs to Read. Period.” by Kirsten Karchmer.
- What was it like for previous generations of women and their periods?
- First period experiences - “am I dying?"
- Menstrual education for children and men
- Are males curious about periods?
- Tampons with applicators, versus without applicators, versus reusable applicators
- Menstrual cups and period underwear - how do they work?
- Period boxer briefs for trans men and boys
- Pads worn by women after giving birth
- Social media posts normalizing periods
- Internet trolls - should you engage?
- Tampons as costumes
- Lack of understanding around menopause
- What is perimenopause versus menopause?
- Update of Brazen Cramp and PMS herbs
- Performance art inspired by periods and vaginas
Mentioned on this episode of Book Interrupted:
Brought to you by Book Interrupted of Book Interrupted