Sapiens Episode 5
Did the women finish reading “Sapiens: A Brief History of Humankind” by Yuval Noah Harari? They wrap up their discussion on the book and share their final book reports. Topics include: doctor Google, cyborgs, conspiracy theories, critical thinking, journalism, admitting they don’t know everything, and how our search for “likes” and “stars” influence our public behaviour.
- Did everyone finish reading Sapiens?
- Fake it until you make it—has the internet taken away our ability to admit we don’t know something?
- Using doctor Google versus relying on experts
- Trusting people who admit they are wrong
- Lack of funding for journalism and how can we find news sources we trust?
- Is critical thinking a good thing?
- Conspiracy theories
- Are scientific studies biased?
- Cyborgs and you
- Searching for “likes” and “stars” and how it influences our behaviour
- Targeted advertisements from our cell phones listening to us
Mentioned on this episode of Book Interrupted:
Brought to you by Book Interrupted of Book Interrupted