Sapiens Episode 1
The Book Interrupted women begin their first conversation on their Series 6 book choice: “Sapiens: A Brief History of Humankind” by Yuval Noah Harari. Each member expresses individually how they feel either before reading or beginning to read “Sapiens”, then they continue the discussion into a group chat. Through the topics of cooperation, tacky gifts, book cutting, collectivism in an individualist culture, and raising children not to be a-holes, they talk about their lives, inspired by the words of Yuval Harari.
- The writing style/storytelling
- Can you walk and read at the same time?
- Cutting big books in half to make them easier to carry around
- The tackiest gifts ever
- Cooperation amongst large groups of people - how the human race is different than other animals
- Raising children not to be a-holes, teaching them to share
- Community versus individualism - collectivism in an individualist culture
- How every action and behaviour has a ripple effect
Mentioned on this episode of Book Interrupted:
Brought to you by Book Interrupted of Book Interrupted