Untamed -Episode 4
The women reflect on last episode’s discussion about tone policing and their reactions both during and after the conversation. Afterwards, diving into the stories and lessons they read in “Untamed” by Glennon Doyle, they debate listening to their inside truth versus asking for outside advice, whether those opinions come from love or fear, and if there is one roadmap that everyone can follow.
- Upcoming contest for fans to win a waterproof Amazon Kindle Oasis
- Tone shaming/policing
- Apologizing and making mistakes
- Can behaviours, choices, feelings all be traced back to the simplicity of love and fear?
- The breaking of the parent-child role
- Following your truest path, not always the easiest, and trusting your own knowing
- ‘Me culture’ versus listening to your elders
- Be aware of the fuel behind the advice
- The problems with reducing the unit to just one person instead of the community
- Being secure in yourself versus being susceptible to outside influences
- Should we ask for many opinions, or not at all until we know our own opinion?
- Letting other people’s fear and issues into your bubble
- Can there be a roadmap for how to live your life?
- Does Glennon Doyle present herself as a guru?
Mentioned on this episode of Book Interrupted:
Brought to you by Book Interrupted of Book Interrupted