Seeing Red -Episode 1
The Book Interrupted women begin their first conversation on their Series 3 book choice: “Seeing Red: The One Book Every Woman Needs to Read. Period.” by Kirsten Karchmer. Each member expresses individually how they feel either before reading or beginning to read “Seeing Red”, then they continue the discussion into a group chat. Through the topics of endometriosis, holistic medicine, period education, birth control pills, doctors, drugs and boobs, they talk about their lives, inspired by the words of Kirsten Karchmer. “Just because it’s common doesn’t mean it’s normal”
- Endometriosis awareness
- The importance of drinking more water
- How can our periods be used as a diagnosis tool?
- Talking about periods should be normal
- More education and research is needed about female health, periods and menopause
- Seed cycling - how does it work and can it help?
- Holistic and Chinese medicine - how the body is all connected
- Why do doctors prescribe the birth control pill when they don’t know what’s wrong?
- How hormones affect our mental health
- Family doctors and specialists need more information about female health
- Why are women often not included in drug trials?
- Just because it’s common doesn’t mean it’s normal
- How all our periods are different
- How can women’s cycles sync up?
- How breast reductions can help quality of life
Mentioned on this episode of Book Interrupted:
Brought to you by Book Interrupted of Book Interrupted